RULES OF CONDUCT (RoC)
As part of Intelligent Life Games (ILG) commitment to making the Imperial Wars interactive game, web site and forums a great place to meet and interact with others around the world, we require that you abide by our Rules of Conduct. Your commitment to these Rules of Conduct throughout the site and in the web forums ensures a positive experience for all our users.
Keep It Legal
- ILG does not allow any illegal activities. You cannot use the Imperial Wars site or services to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information, specifically, but not limited to, child pornography, bestiality, and incest. Also, you may not use the Imperial Wars site or services for chats relating to illegal drugs.
- You may not use any chat, profile, or other Imperial Wars site service for the purpose of linking to external sites that violate this Code of Conduct.
- ILG is not responsible for anything you say on the Imperial Web Forums or email accounts, messages, or communication of any kind, or for any consequences that arise from what you say. If you break the law, you alone will take the rap.
- Do not post links to any materials (including software and other information) that could harm (or is designed to harm) other users' computers or would allow others to inappropriately access software or Web sites.
- We encourage our members to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use any of the message features to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others or hack their accounts.
- ILG reserves the right to revoke the membership of anyone who advocates or encourages expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, or profanity. The Imperial Wars site does not tolerate racial, ethnic, sexual, or religious slurs.
- ILG does not tolerate disruptive activity online or statements that incite others to violate these Rules of Conduct or participate in illegal activities. Our participants want to communicate and play on the Imperial Wars site in a positive environment.
- The Imperial Wars site does not allow the posting of destructive software, use of computer programs that contain destructive features, or access to any content such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, and other activities that can be disruptive to online communication.
- Please do not use profanity or sexually explicit language on the Imperial Wars site or on any of its communication services.
- Please do not create a Citizen ID with any profanity, sexually explicit language, sexual innuendo, or racial, ethnic, or religious slurs. Many Citizen IDs of that nature are already prohibited. The Imperial Wars site reserves the right to ban any Nickname it deems inappropriate.
- Please be considerate of other members. Disruptive behavior such as making lewd comments may lead to banning you from a web forum or Imperial Wars altogether.
- Cheating in games is expressly prohibited. Those citizens caught cheating may suffer banning from the Imperial Wars and/or the web forums.
- Impersonation of another citizen, Galactic Effecuator, Community Managers, developer or other staff members is prohibited. Falsely representing yourself as a ILG employee, Imperial Wars staff, or a Community Manager will result in immediate banning the Imperial Wars site.
- Threatening or harassing ILG staff, Imperial Wars staff, or other Imperial Wars site employees is prohibited and will result in immediate termination of your Imperial Wars citizenship.
- Understand your role as an Imperial Wars citizen.
- Any citizen who posts Web links or URLs in the lobby or game chat that point to content deemed inappropriate by Community Managers, Galactic Effectuators, or Web Forum moderators will have their citizenship and be banned from further play in Imperial Wars.
- Galactic Effectuators, Community Managers and other Imperial Wars or ILG staff are not responsible for any damage or loss of data as a result of their offering technical or operational advice in any chat area, message, e-mail letter, or help room, or such advice by any other method of electronic or voice communications.
- Abuse of any citizen privileges may result in the immediate revocation of Imperial Wars citizenship status and may result in banning from playing in Imperial Wars games.
- You may only be registered as an Imperial Wars citizen under one citizen name. Duplicate entries will be discarded.
- ILG reserves the right to ban a citizen or guest at anytime, without notice, from any or all areas of the Imperial Wars site for spamming, flooding, or otherwise abusing the public communication tools.
Peddle It Elsewhere
- Please do not use the Imperial Wars site for any commercial purpose without the express consent of the ILG. You may only create a citizen membership for yourself as an individual. You may not create a membership for your corporation or other business entity.
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities on the Imperial Wars site. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post and for protecting your own computer system.
- ILG offers Imperial Wars citizens the ability to create their own profiles. ILG takes no responsibility for ratings or content, nor any activities resulting from use of these profiles.
- ILG reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created content from the Imperial Wars site.
- Some areas of the Imperial Wars site may post Internet website links. Please be advised that ILG is not responsible for the content on the Web sites associated with the links you may view.
- Some content and links on the Internet may contain adult content and may not be suitable for children. We encourage parents to join their children as they surf and explore the Internet. If you see any links connected to the Imperial Wars site that are adult-oriented, we encourage you to report this link to a Galactic Effectuator.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through the Imperial Wars site. Remember that the information provided could be from people of any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own, and you should do your own research prior to making any decisions.
Uphold the Code
- In helping to make the Imperial Wars community a great place to be, to join in Imperial War universes, you must do your part to uphold the Rules of Conduct.
- ILG reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend Imperial Wars citizenship for violations of our Rules of Conduct.
- ILG also reserves our right to amend or change the Rules of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
- ILG is not obligated to send users or hosts a warning before deleting any content.
Protect Your Privacy
- We caution you against giving out personally identifiable information (such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, names and addresses, telephone numbers, driver license numbers) to strangers online, as this information may be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
- To read the ILG Privacy Statement, please click HERE .
The official e-mail contacts for the Galactic Effectuators or Community Managers are listed below. Please avoid having any account-related communication with any e-mail addresses other than these. In any event, no Imperial Wars representative will ever ask for your password, so do not give it out.
General Site Issues -- email@example.com
Game Account Issues -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Harassment, Abuse of system -- email@example.com
Technical or game play support -- firstname.lastname@example.org
General Naming Rules
When choosing a Citizen name for the website or a character name for any Imperial Wars universe, bear in mind that the name must first meet the requirements of the standard Intelligent Life Player Policies. For example, names containing hateful language or profanity are not permitted. These rules apply to every user whether on the site, web forums or in a game, with no exceptions. For a full listing of those rules, refer to these Rules of Conduct.
In addition to the rules that govern all Citizens and players who opt to make use of an Imperial Wars game server must agree to do so in accord with the additional rules that apply to role-playing in Imperial Was and in the role-playing web forums at the Imperial Wars site.
The "Spirit of the game"
There is a difference between the Imperial Wars game servers and the site servers and web forums. There is an understanding that when on the game's site and web forums that citizens are probably not role-playing their Imperial Wars personas except on any specific forum, specifically marked for that use. There are some web forums which will only allow people who are "in costume" to post to them and posting that are not in character will be discouraged and eventually removed from that forum.
Once in an Imperial Wars universe, however, citizens are bound by an idea called the "spirit of the game". Character names that break this spirit or attempt to break it for others the willingness to suspend belief that adds to the enjoyment of the game and it's environment, won't be allowed. Imperial Wars is a game where players commit significant time and effort with other players who will be with their game mates for a relatively long period of time. We consider this an important aspect of game play.
Offensive names will not be allowed under any circumstances as stated in the General Naming Rules but names like "The Toothbrush" or "LongIslandLou" are not offensive and are okay for citizen names but will not be tolerated in an Imperial Wars universe. Be a science fiction author when choosing your name or choose one of the pre-suggested names when signing up. These games are all about being creative, so be creative at least, in how you are known, to help protect the essence, the "spirit of the game".
Galactic Effectuators will be actively enforcing naming and behavior guidelines. If a character's name is deemed inappropriate for any reason, you may find your character re-named randomly from the "house name" list at game matching and universe building. You are not required to role-play in Imperial Wars. However, the "spirit of the game", allows others to role-play as much or as little as they'd like to. If a player comes across someone who is behaving in a way that is contrary to the spirit of the game we ask that they politely ask the offending party to respect the spirit of Imperial Wars in communication during the game. If that person continues to break the suspension of belief or becomes hostile, an email to the Galactic Effectuator should immediately be sent so that the responsible player can be addressed through official channels.
If a character possesses a name that is felt to be in violation of the spirit of the game, an email should be sent to the email@example.com. That character will then be reviewed and assisted with a name change if necessary. If a player is asked to change a character's name and they feel that this was done in error or for inappropriate reasons, they are asked to send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org explaining their position regarding the situation. If the name is deemed to have been changed in error, that name will be restored. All decisions regarding names, however, are made at the sole discretion of ILF for Imperial Wars and all decisions made pursuant to a dispute are final.
PLEASE CLOSE THIS PAGE TO RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE